Highwaist Everything





I have been insecure about my body for my whole life and I think everyone can relate to that. Obviously, I'm very grateful to be granted a healthy body and mind but still, all those advertisement about "the perfect body" that is tall, tan, lean, and not to mention gorgeous hair, big eyes, thick lips, etc.. The list goes on. 

I don't think I have ever been so comfortable about my body like I am right now. I don't think I have the perfect body. My, I am far from that. But at the very least, I don't think about how unperfect my body is every hour of the day. Or being depressed and refuse to eat the whole day when the people I met said I look fat. I guess it has a lot to do with the people you surround yourself with. And also, it's the one thing that comes with age. As you get older, your priority changes. It's no longer "what do people want" but more like "what do I want". And what I want, is to have a normal sized healthy body.

I do believe I have achieved that. As you can witness from picture below, I was heavier 10 years ago (around 5 kilos). I have been on the range of 52-55 kilograms for the past 10 years and I'm quite happy with that. I would tho, be happiest at 50 kilograms since I'm short. But again, I will get there when I need to. I still have my insecurities.. Especially when trying on clothes in the fitting room! LOL


The one fashion item that never fails to make me look slimmer is highwaist everything. It clinches in at the tiniest part of my body so it gives the illusion of a smaller build. You can ask my friends, I almost always wear my skirts and shorts at waist!

Anyway, whatever your weight is, just remember, you are not defined by the number of the scale but by what's inside your heart ;)


P.S. Don't forget to join my giveaway with Rosewholesale.com. Simply CLICK HERE.

top and shorts - Helo Strangers (visit our insta at @helostrangers) , bag - Zara, heels - Bata

0 comments

Comments away! Thank you for taking time to leave a little note. Will definitely try my best to get back to you. Please leave your blog link so I can easily find you :)